Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sponge & Spritz

Hi, friends!  It's Thursday and so I'm back today with a NEW card using stamps from the Great Impressions store!  This time I have a cool and crisp summer creation for your viewing pleasure.  Come and take a peek...

Here's the card~
More details on my personal blog HERE.


This card really didn't take too much time to make--but I LOVE the fabulous texture that happens when you use glimmer mists!  I didn't have time to make a video tutorial on how to create this effect, but it's totally simple.

What you'll need~

  1. Blending tool
  2. Glimmer Mist
  3. Versamark ink pad
  4. Black embossing powder
  5. Silhouette stamp
  6. Heat gun


Here's how~

  1. Blend your neutral cardstock with ink.  I used green for "grass" and turquoise for "sky".  You can use any colors you want to!
  2. Shake your glimmer mist and spray your panel.  I usually hold the spray bottle about 4-6 inches from the panel.
  3. OPTIONAL: If you're like me, I can't wait.  SO, you can take your heat gun to dry the glimmer mist faster.  Make sure to heat the front AND back of the panel to keep your paper flat instead of warped.
  4. Ink up your silhouette stamp with Versamark ink, stamp it onto your panel, and emboss it with your black embossing powder.  You don't have to use black, try other colors!
  5. Use panel for your creation!
See!  TOTALLY easy!  Don't have glimmer mist?  You could use plain old water, OR you could make your own glimmer mist!  See my personal blog HERE for a tutorial on how to do that!


Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at this card!  Hop over to  play along with our monthly challenge, too!  If you use stamps from Great Impressions, you'll be able to link up your creation in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!


1 comment :

Patti J said...

Mynn, this is adorable! I love this image! Thanks for sharing :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...