Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wildflower Silhouette

Good morning! My poor blog has been neglected this past week due to the move, but my new desks are installed in my office and I'm hoping to have some creative time today (and continue to unpack my office!). I get a little cranky when I can't sit down and make something. :-)

I have a very sparkly card to share today for Great Impressions Stamps, but it was not an easy card to make! I worked on the floor in the family room yesterday afternoon and I had such a hard time finding inspiration. After stamping and re-stamping, moving elements around, and finally finding the perfect border (hello silver glitter!), it all came together. 

I stamped the Wildflower Silhouette stamp in soft stone ink onto Rustic White cardstock. I stamped the Tiger Swallowtail stamp onto the same cardstock, careful to place the feet on one of the branches of the Wildflower Silhouette image. I stamped the Swallowtail again and adhered the image over the top of the first image. The silver border is from Teresa Collins and the enamel dots and blue letter stickers are Studio Calico. I finished off my card with some twin and white silk ribbon.


Usually after I sketch out a card the elements come together easily, but that was not the case last night! Do you struggle to get from blank cardstock to a completed project? Or is it easy from the beginning? I have found that settling on a basic design first helps me out tremendously. I can always tweak my design while I'm working on the card, but usually the structure stays true to the sketch. 

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with a couple of digital layouts and an exciting announcement. See you then! 

Erin

7 comments :

Jenny said...

Oh Erin!! After all you struggled with this card it turned out gorgeous - love the trendy spin and that glitter! I do better too if I have a plan...doesn't always happen though...

Mary Marsh said...

This is really pretty Erin-hope your unpacking continues on schedule and you can get back to the important stuff of crafting (lol)

Mary K said...

Erin, I hope you know it was worth the struggle -- it's gorgeous!!

Joan V said...

Beautiful card, Erin. I love the butterfly perched on the flower. This is a fantastic sketch to work with. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl said...

Oh this is really gorgeous!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Erin! Thanks for sharing :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Erin-such a classy creation! Love the 'randome' pearls and all the glitter too! Can't wait to see a pic of your new craft room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...