Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School Week continues

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for taking the time to stop and visit. It's back to school week for us here at the Great Impressions blog. If you have been followingalong, I have a sample to show you. If this is your first visit this week, make sure you look back at the other designer's samples. You won't be disappointed.

My card is using the large school bus (F505) and the circle framed alphabet(K83). I decided to create a little scene for my bus. I colored the bus with prismacolor pencils and gamsol and then cut it out. I added some glossy accents to the headlights and the tire centers.

To assemble my card, I started with my cloud background. I punched a scallop circle and used it as a template and sponged around it to create the clouds. I used a die to cut my rolling hill. The trees are cut from patterned paper.

I stamped the alphabet circles and used a circle punch to punch them out. I then layered my scene on my card base.

Well that's it for me today. Just a reminder that Splitcoaststampers is having a virtual stamping night on September 21 & 22. It's a back to school theme.  I am one of the hostesses so I hope you will play along. Get more info here.

The new stamps we have been showing all week will be perfect for all the challenges.

Mary Marsh

Card recipe:
stamps:  Large Bus (F505) & Circle Framed Alphabet (K83)
paper: Bazzill Maraschino, Stampin-Up white & old olive, SU designer paper
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Stampin-Up bashful blue
Accessories: PTI die, Marvy circle punch, glossy accents

5 comments :

Jenny said...

Wow! This is so clever Mary! Never would have thought to make clouds with a scalloped circle and those alphabet circles are perfect for back to school! Love it all!!

Angela said...

So sweet, Mary! Love the scene you created - so fun! Great use of the stamps...

Mary K said...

So clever and the trees are perfect with the patterned paper you chose. Love this stamp, will be another addition to that wishlist!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love the clouds. I will remember that trick. The school bus is so cute and I like the idea of using the glossy accents. Thanks for sharing all your tricks.

Sue from Oregon said...

I want to sing "the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round...) Super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...